A flexible solution for General Aviation
SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT & PRACTICALITY COMBINED
The basis for the design of the Cormorant is that the plane has been conceived around its center of gravity and a low thrust line, the characteristics of the Cormorant design are:
- The propulsion system and fan are located behind the cabin in a ducted space within the hull and in the thrust line
- The airframe is composed of very light and strong composite materials
- Short Take-Off and Landing (STOL) characteristics due to its configuration and aerodynamic geometry.
- Ambient and cabin noise are significantly lower than other comparable seaplanes due to the ducted fan / powertrain configuration.
- The Cormorant design applies to CS-23 | FAR-23 regulations.
The resultant sporty, sleek look of The Cormorant design is reminiscent of a jet airplane.