A flexible solution for General Aviation
SAFETY, REDUCED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT & PRACTICALITY COMBINED
The Cormorant’s groundbreaking design, conforming to CS-23 | FAR-23 regulations and developed around its center of gravity and a low thrust line, provides for a shift in expectations for owners and operators of such, hitherto utilitarian, aircraft by:
- Providing a “Go-Anywhere” functionality with amphibious operational capability on water and from paved & unpaved runways
- Carrying up to 6 passengers plus pilot
- Providing a large, comfortable multipurpose cabin that is easily reconfigurable for passenger, cargo and medevac missions
- Being safer and easy to fly with its unique configuration providing not only a low center of gravity but also an airframe design that has inherent lift characteristics for improved Short Take-Off & Landing (STOL) performance.
- Locating the propulsion system and fan behind the cabin in a ducted space within the hull and in the thrust line
- Reducing ambient and cabin noise to significantly lower levels than other comparable seaplanes due to the ducted fan/powertrain configuration.
- Being energy efficient and having low maintenance costs through the use of a power source within a ground-breaking, light, composite fuselage design, the Cormorant significantly outperforms comparable aircraft on energy economy, payload and range
As such the Cormorant provides for a revival in the seaplane general aviation sector and beyond with its multi-functional, comfortable, efficient design.
The resultant sporty, sleek look of The Cormorant design is reminiscent of a jet aeroplane.