Judicious integration of existing aircraft designs (and parts) can save up to 60% in development costs: the design of the Cormorant has been created synergistically with new (experimental) composite aircraft to reduce these.
Various parts, components and design features, however, come from a CS-23 certified aircraft and are integrated into the Cormorant’s final design to reduce costs in certification procedures. A wide range of supporting documents is thus available for certification and other technical purposes.
The unique and comprehensive design of the Cormorant is ready to enter promising markets. As the concept can serve a wide range of users, models can be customized and equipped e.g. with either a standard (analog) instrument panel or a 600 system from Garmin. Also with respect to trim, i.e. panelling and upholstery, our design can easily adapt to specific customer requirements.
As a privately owned company, the Cormorant Seaplanes LLC is committed to providing new shareholders with easy access to information about the company and to services available to monitor their investment. Our aircraft design is based on extensive (marketing) research, the capabilities of other amphibious aircraft concepts and their respective markets, so as to limit investor risk.
Our design is based on a truly innovative concept that tackles the major design flaws inherent within most boat-hulled and float (amphibious) aircraft. Therefore the Cormorant’s modern composite airframe structure provides for:
- An electric/hybrid powertrain installation
- Low drag, energy consumption and maintenance
- Strongly reduced noise levels, both in- and outside the aircraft
- No corrosion, airframe fatigue or operational restrictions
- Excellent performance and flight characteristics (STOL)
- CFD, FEM and FEA design, based on real marketing parameters
SAFETY, REDUCED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT & PRACTICALITY COMBINED
- Provides a “Go-Anywhere” functionality with amphibious operational capability on water and from paved & unpaved runways
- Carries up to 6 passengers plus pilot
- Provides a large, comfortable multipurpose cabin that is easily reconfigurable for passenger, cargo and medevac missions
- is safer and easy to fly with its unique configuration providing not only a low center of gravity but also an airframe design that has inherent lift characteristics for improved STOL performance
- Is energy efficient and has low maintenance costs through the use of a hybrid engine in a ground-breaking composite fuselage design. The Cormorant significantly outperforms comparable aircraft on energy economy, payload and range